Thursday 28 January 2016

Bad Girl Vibes - Ariana Grande x Mac Viva Glam Inspired Look 1

As I got my Ariana Grande x Mac Viva Glam collection in the post a few days ago I was dying to try them out with my full 'face' on. As I couldn't wait I did a Bad Girl inspired look with Ariana's lipstick!

My post can be found HERE including swatches, what the product looks like and my first impressions!

I adore this colour and when I put it on I was a bit hesitant if I could pull it off but I just love it. It's definitely a colour I may have shied away from as it does look quite dark but once I had it on I absolutely loved it!!

The look I created included a dark eye to compliment the dark and vampy lip colour with a little bit of shimmer to brighten it up and keep it girly! This look is definitely one I want to rock in the future and I'll probably do it with a pop of glitter on my lid!

I'm going to try my best to explain how I created this look for you!






Step 1: Moisturise and prime your face. For a flawless finish and longevity this step is so important!

Step 2: This look includes a smoky eye so I applies my eyeshadow next to keep fall out to a minimum and I can clean everything up before applying my base. I started with a wash of colour all over my lid. I used Righteous from my Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette. It's a pale nude and helps blending the next colours on top.
I then went into my crease with Anaheim from the Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay Palette (I'll link my post on this HERE so you can check it out & see the colours mentioned!) With a smaller brush and right in my crease to darken it I applied Punk from the Gwen x UD Palette - an amazing colour! On the lip I placed Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in Pink Gold on my Lid. I set this with a similar shade from a UD palette and placed an extremely light layer of Bobbi Brown Blush in Berry.
I tidied up around this area with a cotton pad and then moved onto my face.

Step 3: My Base. I started with a trusty Kryolan Tv Paint Stick. This gives me my FULL coverage base and if you're looking for a similar product I reccomend the Make Up Forever Ultra HD Stick Foundation. I then added some concealer under my eyes, Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in Light. 
I then contoured with Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Medium. I used the two shades on the bottom row to the left mixed. I then highlighted my face with the lightest shade and concealer where I needed it around my face.
To set this I baked under my eyes as they have a tendency to crease and used Maybelline Loose Powder to do this. To set my contour I used Mac Blush in Harmony as it gives the best shadow colour for my skin tone.

Step 4: Once my face was nearly finished I went back to my eyes and applied a pop of colour under my eye using the Bobbi Brown blush and a shimmer shade from the Gwen Palette called Pop on my lid and on the inside of my eye. I then went in with my black eyeliner and created a long wing. I used Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner Liquid Liner and I applied a pair of Primark lashes in Sultry. 

Step 5: I then did my eyebrows using my Illamasqua Brow Gel in Stare and an angled brush.

Step 5: I decided to add some powder highlight to brighten up this look and add a little more shimmer. I used my Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle with a fan brush. I placed this on the very tops of my cheek bone, tip of my nose and then my cupids bow. To complete my look I added a small amount of pink blush to my cheek to blend everything together nicely!

Step 5: I applied my Ariana Grande x Mac Viva Glam Lipstick and my look was complete!!

This was a fun post and I hope you liked it! If you would like to see more feel free to leave me a comment and if you use any of these products or think of some I'd like please recommend them! I love trying new things!

If you wanna treat yo' self to this lipstick the link is here. ALL proceeds go to the Mac Aids Fund which is amazing and makes spending that money a little easier and makes me a little less guilty lol!

(◍•ᴗ•◍) - ♡

xo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment