Tuesday 9 February 2016

January Favourites!

I am going to make a point of posting a favourites post every month, I get so excited reading everyone else's posts so I thought why not!



In make up, one of my biggest favourites and most used products is my Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette. I got this early December and for the last two months anytime I've worn eyeshadow it's been this palette. It has every colour you could want. Nudes, browns, metallics and brights! It's a great palette and you can create so many very different eye looks with this.

I have been loving this Bobbi Brown Blush I got in Berry. I've been using it on my eyes as a shadow colour (multiple uses makes splurging a little less guilt ridden!) It's great paired with Punk from the Gwen x UD palette and as a pop of colour under the lash line with a smokey eye! 

A great drugstore product that has been gracing my face lately is the MUA (Make Up Academy) Highlighter in Iridescent Gold. For £3 this is a steal! It's best used on a damp blush to intensify that colour and it's the most gorgeous shade. I would say it's the most similar to Moonstone from ABH!

A lip combo I have been rocking lately is Mac Lip Pencil in Soar and Mac Lipstick in Mehr. This gives my lips a great mauve/pink shade which is a colour we've seen be released religiously over the last year. Thank you Kylie J. I'm in love with the shade and need every lip stick, pencil, etc. in this colour. (Roll on Friday the 12th so I can grab some Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in Androgyny!)



A more random favourite on January has been a Body Shop body, room and linen spray I received as a Christmas present! It's a Jasmine & White Frangipani scent. This smell is amazing. It's a fresh scent with a hint of sweetness but nothing over powering. Anyone who has smelt this has asked what this is all the time. It's beautiful and I think I'll need to go purchase myself another one soon!

A few other favourites I have from January are my Adidas Tubular trainers in grey I got for Christmas. These are the most comfortable shoes and look so good with black jeans and a slouchy tee for an effortlessly put together look. I wore this with a bomber jacket yet nice makeup and hair and I definitely feel girly yet so comfortable - best of both worlds! (for me)



As I've been working lots lately I've been coming home, catching up on my youtube videos, blog posts, organising my posts & writing them and then playing SO MUCH MARIO KART 8. This game is too good. I'm basically a pro now, just saying. Since I played it so much this month (I've only 4 cups left to get and very little customisations) I thought it wouldn't be right to leave this out lol!

I've been obsessing over shows lately. I go through phases of watching back to back films or episodes of amazing tv shows and in January Teen Wolf came back. I watch so many tv shows but this is the only one I've religiously followed weekly from day one. Which is an amazing feat in itself really. This show started out as a teen show in a school but now nearing the end of season 5 it's dark, captivating, interesting and once the episode I'm watching ends I'm dying to see the next one. I can't speak highly enough of this show. I'm obsessed. Also, Dylan O'Brien is in it, that always helps! *Swoons*

So that's it for my favourites this month. What has been catching your eye and been a staple for January please let me know in the comments!

(◍•ᴗ•◍) - ♡

xo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment